China Quest places the highest priority on the health and
safety of all students. Because socioeconomic, political,
environmental, and other conditions can change instantly,
China Quest's safety and health policies are specifically
tailored to location and current circumstances.
Students are issued international callings cards on arrival to
notify families of their arrival. After students are
checked-in to the hotel, we'll send out an email to the
parents/guardians to inform the student's room telephone number.
At every destination, parents/guardians will receive contact
information regarding the student. Students also have Internet
access in and around the campus and Internet cafes are readily
available in other cities.
Students must obtain full medical insurance prior to the start
of the program. Medical insurance must be purchased for the
entire program. If the student already has a medical insurance
policy in place, please make sure the coverage is applicable in
China. We can recommend an insurance provider for the student
but the terms and costs of the insurance should be addressed
directly to the insurance company.
Students traveling to China do not need to have immunizations
prior to departure. Some students have hepatitis A and tetanus
shots as a precaution.
However, if you plan to travel to other countries during the
summer, you should check the requirements and precautions for
those countries to determine if additional immunizations are
There will be medical doctors and staff on campus 24
hours a day to take care of any student who is not feeling well or is
in need of medical care. Parents/guardians will be notified
- Keep belongings locked and in your view in public
- Familiarize yourself with your new surroundings.
- Stay informed of local news reports.
- Listen to all directions by the directors and
- Always tell someone where you are going or about to go.
- Keep important travel documents in a safe place and keep
- Travel with small amounts of cash and keep serial
numbers of Traveler's Checks in a safe location.
- When exploring the city, travel with a small group.
- Avoid demonstrations and other political gatherings.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Be wary of strangers.
- Stay in touch with your family and friends.
- Always carry documentation of prescriptions and keep
them in proper containers.
- Do not Hitchhike.
- Only take official taxi cabs or public transportation.
- Always keep Emergency Card and important contact