All participants must abide by the following rules and
regulations. Any student who have violated any of these
rules and regulations will be sent home immediately at his/her parents’
expense and will not be entitled to any program fee refund. Any
behavior that is insulting to the host country or detrimental to
the program will not be tolerated.
- All private outings outside the university campus are
subject to prior approval of the Program Director. Generally
no student will be permitted to leave the campus (or hotel
during excursions) after 10 pm, except in a program event
accompanied by China Quest staff.
- All students must be back at the hotel by 11:00PM and in
their rooms by 11:30PM.
- Boys and girls are not allowed to be in each other’s
private dormitory room unsupervised after 10:00PM.
- Alcohol or drug possession or consumption is strictly
forbidden and will result in dismissal from the program.
Student use or possession of controlled substances may be
punishable by severe penalties. Students caught with
illegal drugs are subject to local laws of China.
- Students are expected to attend every class and session
of program activities. If a student misses more than 2
language classes, the student will not be eligible to
receive a diploma. Any work that the student misses will
have to be made up before the last day of classes.
- No food or meals are allowed in the language classes.
Students will only be allowed to bring a light snack and
- Students are expected to complete all work assignments
given out by the teacher.
- Students are expected to be on time for all field trips
and group activities. All buses will leave 15 minutes after
the scheduled departure. If any student were to miss the
departure, he/she must stay back at the hotel.
- Students must follow all instructions from the Program
Director and counselors and are advised to stay with
the group at all times.
- During certain exploration field trips, money for food
and meals will be provided to the student away from campus.
If a student chooses not to participate on the field trips,
no money will be compensated to the student.